torsdag 2 oktober 2008

Raine Seville Drives Em Crazy


With beauty, brains and a smashing singing voice the first lady of DASECA, Raine Seville is tuned to be the next big female singing sensation.


Not since the melodious voices of Alaine and Etana, has Jamaica seen what could be a break out International singer. Loraine ‘Raine’ Seville’s transformation from aspiring amateur singer to full-fledged professional is the kind of story that scriptwriters dream up and youngsters dream of. While singing in her van, Raine met up with singer and producer Serani who told the young starlet to come by the studio with a demo.

One year and lots of hard work later Raine is the first lady of the high-riding DASECA camp with her unforgettable R&B/dancehall sound, her solo single and video for ‘Drive Me Crazy’, has been gaining airplay on radio and television. Her duet with Serani, 'Rain A Fall' has become an instant sexy hit, with 'Reserve' with Bugle and ‘Crying For Peace’ with Serani scheduled for release soon. And there are lots more to come.

Raine has had a passion for music, often seen on the music scene at various parties and almost always in the studio, writing and singing. While she has been busy working on her career, Raine has not neglected school, as she holds a Bachelor’s degree with honours in Marketing/International Business from UTech. “I’ve had a genuine love for music ever since primary school. However, my parents thought it was best to get the right education before pursuing the music,” she says.

Leaving a secure job in marketing for the up and down world of music does not hold any terrors for Raine, as she uses the confidence her father expressed in her before he died as her foundation. “Before my father died he would always say that out of his six kids if he was to die he knew I would be the only one he wouldn’t have to worry about. That gave me a permanent drive to succeed and made me truly realise that it was my duty and responsibility to achieve, no what obstacles come my way. My destiny lies within me, so once I have God, health, strength and courage I must achieve” Raine says.

Raine describes herself as a dedicated, spiritual and focused artiste who is always willing to learn. “I’m a very laid-back person who loves to communicate, loves to help people, very spiritual. I put the Lord first in everything that I do. Raine Seville the artiste is a dedicated and disciplined person who looks at her influences to always try to better herself as an artiste,” she says.

Raine is currently working alongside producers such as TJ Records, Jordan from Chimney Records and Shane Brown.

Inga kommentarer: