måndag 8 september 2008

Flippa Mafia Scores First Top Five Hit in Jamaica



FLIPPA MAFIA, THE GAL DEM TRAUMA

Philadelphia-based deejay Flippa Mafia is breaking out the expensive champagne to celebrate his first top five hit, the infectious, rhyme happy Dem Yah and Dem Yah.

“No, mi no surprised at the success of the single. I was in the studio ah hold a vibes and a freestyle and I played it in the studio, dem say it man, then I played it for an uptown girl and she say it wicked, mi know say it gone because you know how uptown people stay already and it just tek off.”

The single appears on the Boardhouse label and is now at #4 on the Jamaica Music Countdown charts. His follow up single Rolling Deep for TJ Records is also at #17 and cruising up the Jamaica Music Countdown charts.

When it comes to flossing, there are few men who can maintain the lavish lifestyle that Flippa has grown accustomed to. He writes and sings songs that are semi-autobiographical and based on his real life experiences of flossing and rolling deep.

“It is not a put on thing with me. When I go out, is just straight champagne mi drink and mi drink it from the bottle, if anno champagne is bottled water or a Ting, mi stop drink Red Bull because it mek mi heart race so mi cyan drink it like that again. But mi drink straight outta the bottle, the only way mi drink outta glass is if we’re in a restaurant,” he explained.

He said that he has found a formula that the dancehall is rocking to and he will not be easing up.

“Dem ah sing about it and nah live live. Mi nah act, some man say this and that and dem nah live it, anything mi talk about, mi do. Even in mi song, ‘gal a speculate say mi richer than Issa’, me never say that, ah the girls dem say that, mi always try to be different, dem have Range Rover ah full up the place, me drive a Porsche truck that can give the Range a problem on the road with its turbo 4.5 engine,” Flippa said.

Flippa created a huge sensation earlier this year when he arrived at an instalment of the weekly Pussy Splash dance in Waterhouse in his Porsche truck, an event that made the gossip section of most major dailies in Jamaica.

“You know how Jamaicans are, dem create excitement over the truck but I wasn’t showing off. P Splash ah my place, mi born and grow ah Waterhouse so Wailers. Capture, Buckers, Moscow, ah just my world. Mi no have no enemy, the only enemy is bad mind,” he said confidently.

He downplayed the beef that he allegedly had with deejay Elephant Man.

“You know how artiste like muster each other already, ah just that. Me and Ele good,” he said.

Flippa has landed a role as the playboy Sylvester in producer Johnny Blacks' new film, What Goes Around where he delivers a scene-stealing performance.
“I admit, I was born a player, it’s in my DNA,” Flippa states matter-of-factly. “But I am not exactly like Sylvester, I’m too smart to end up like Sylvester,” he says hinting that Sylvester ends up on the wrong side of revenge. “I’ve never met my match yet.”

'What Goes Around' will be coming to theatres in Jamaica in November.



Inga kommentarer: