tisdag 26 augusti 2008

"I am not here to own no man"


Beenie Man made it clear on Vibes 93.8FM with Sarah C that there is no need to form an Alliance, Empire or crew, as it makes no sense to go that route. According to Beenie Man, his aim is not to over shadow other artiste’s careers because it is not in his best interest to “own nuh man”.

Sarah C of Vibes 93.8FM:
Now you are an original dancehall singer in every sense of the word, you don’t seems to do the things that other artistes do. As far as I can see there is no Beenie Alliance, there is no Beenie Empire, there is nothing like that, you have stayed away from that kind of things - you preferring to do collaboration with other artistes could you tell us the reason for that.

Beenie Man:
It is not for you to go out there and tell a person that I am going to mek you and I am going to mek you become this artiste (superstar) when the person is already an artiste before you meet them. Now like Baby Cham, I could a say that Dave Kelly build him because he was actually like a robot, he wasn’t a deejay in no form what-so-ever. So when you ago meet an artiste with his talent and because yuh sing a song with him and get him out there then you ago try to own him (bad idea). Look at T.I. I did the song “Dis Badman Yuh Get Shot” and that was his first hit song, I could have seh I am the one who break him to the world - I could have seh I introduced Mya to the Dancehall world – I could have seh I introduced Tanto Metro & Devonte, I wrote “Everyone Fall In Love” and actually partly produced it.

Beenie Man also told Vibes 93.8FM that a lot of people wait for new talents to burst onto the scene, “and just because yuh give him/she a little limelight yuh ago seh yuh own them no, I am not here to own no man, I am just myself”.

Bounty Killer Hate Mi

Sarah C of Vibes 93.8FM:
Okay we mentioned the alliance and I can’t let that pass without asking you a quick question about Bounty Killer. I guess in my mind I like the thought that you have this feud, you have this rivalry and competition is good for any industry, but are there times when you just ring each other when no one else is listening and you laughed about them.

Beenie Man:
No! Weh Mi get fi figure out and find out this man (Bounty Killer) hate mi – last week (recently) on a interview him tell people that I got innocent people killed and even seh mi a gay too pon di TV. So yuh get to realize that this man cannot be you, this man cannot be where you at, this man cannot have the career that you already have, this man just rather yuh dead and get rid a yuh out of the picture. I never know that until I saw him last week (recently) on the TV it was very scary.

Sarah C of Vibes 93.8FM:
So from your point of view it was genuine?



Beenie Man:
Yeah, he was actually arguing with the man that was interviewing him. He went to Reggae Sumfest and got booed for calling up my name and the people them boo him off the stage. Then him go pon TV and seh mi carry three bus load of people to booed him, mi nuh know if 40,000 people can hold in a one bus.

Every Song Bounty Sings About Me Becomes a Hit

Sarah C of Vibes 93.8FM:
Well I guess the competition is good though still and it probably helps long term with your career.

Beenie Man:
No, it helped him; I have never sung a song about Bounty Killer that goes somewhere, the songs that goes somewhere for me is mostly about girls, weed or something else. Every song that him sing about me goes somewhere because that’s the only thing him have to sing about.

Listen to full interview
http://djsarahc.podOmatic.com/entry/2008-08-14T07_05_58-07_00

Inga kommentarer: