fredag 30 januari 2009

VEGAS IS BACK! Singjay returns with positive image


"I am blessed, everyday of my life I am blessed, when I wake up in the morning and I lay my head to rest I am blessed" - I'm So Blessed by Vegas

Months after his self-imposed break from the music business the singjay known as Mr Vegas is back in the game, having re-invented himself.

Last September, Vegas, real name Clifford Smith, publicly announced that he would be leaving the entertainment industry after an active 12-year career. After claiming to be unhappy with the business and wanting to work at his own leisure, Vegas is now back with a new, positive image, which is reflected in his latest single I'm So Blessed. With a gospel-like chorus, the song reflects Vegas' re-emergence and new outlook on his musical path.

Music school

When the STAR spoke with the artiste yesterday, he said that he had spent his time away from the business in the studio, working on his latest, yet to be titled album. Vegas has also been busy improving his craft by attending a private music school, where he has been learning to play the keyboards and guitar. The singjay has also been working on his voice, with lessons from acclaimed voice trainer Georgia Schliefer. Vegas is also getting ready to shoot two music videos, one for his song I'm So Blessed.

"It's a whole different vibe, positive which is what I feel the music needs now," Vegas told The STAR.

"I took a break to take the pressure off myself, to be out there and to find a tune that will run di place. So I took my own time. at one point I wanted to just disappear and try surround myself with good music. I feel more complete now not just like a one day artiste."

While Vegas has changed to a more positive outlook when it comes to his music, he told the STAR that it didn't mean he wouldn't be performing some of his older songs, like Daggering.

"I'm not so righteous where I would try stop sing some of the songs that made me who I am, but I might not sing them as much. As someone who has been around music for 12 years, where there is so much negativity, I think my voice can make a huge difference, to show the young artistes that not everything has to be done the same way and that there are different things to talk about," Vegas said.

According to Vegas, persons can expect his new music to be more on the singing side, similar to love songs he has done in the past. As for upcoming shows, Vegas says he cancelled shows in Europe, but he is planning to re-schedule, after his album is complete.

Inga kommentarer: